The “Best Little Town in the Midwest,” Bayfield has retained much of its small-town charm, and we welcome the growing number of tourists that come to visit year after year.
Located in the Bayfield Peninsula, at Wisconsin’s northernmost point, this city will captivate you with its natural beauty. The sight of sandy pristine shores, clear waters, accessible islands, and bountiful orchards and berry farms will make you want to stay for life.
But there’s more to Bayfield than boating, fishing, and berry picking – the city also has a thriving food and art scene. Galleries, restaurants, and seasonal festivals provide plenty of diversions.
Real estate in Bayfield
Find your own private getaway in this city. Choose from a wide selection of single-family homes, townhomes, and condos. Waterfront properties and lake view homes are available. Vacant lots, some of which have lake views or front Lake Superior, are also up for the taking.
A single-family home may have two to four bedrooms, with gleaming hardwood floors, stone fireplaces, and vaulted ceilings. Outdoor amenities like porches and grills are common features.
Waterfront homes and homes that command views of Lake Superior are some of the choicest properties in the city. These waterfront properties often have viewing decks and docks that allow you to make the most of Bayfield’s lakeside setting.
If you think this idyllic city should be your new home, call us, Reed Realty, at 715-779-5000 or send an email to Agent(at)ReedRealty(dotted)net.
Attractions and amenities in Bayfield
- Lake Superior – With a surface area of 31,700 square miles, Lake Superior is one of the largest freshwater lakes in the world. Go scuba diving, fishing, boating, and kayaking. Go on a lighthouse tour, take a scenic cruise to Madeline Island, or simply take a stroll along the pristine shoreline and admire the scenery.
- Apostle Islands National Lakeshore – Composed of 22 islands and a 12- mile mainland, this outdoor destination is not to be missed. Windswept beaches and sandstone cliffs overlooking Lake Superior make up the dramatic landscape. Go camping, hiking, and swimming. Don’t forget to visit the ice caves at the west end of the mainland – the rock formations are stunning in the summer and are well worth braving the winter chill to see.
- Bayfield Harvest Trail – Explore Bayfield’s orchards. Spring and fall are the best times to visit the farms along the city’s harvest trail. Buy fresh produce, locally sourced meats, syrups, and homemade jams and jellies. Spend a quiet afternoon picking berries and apples.
Bayfield Apple Company, Hauser’s Superior View Farm, Blue Vista Farm, and Rocky Acres Berry Farm are some of the most popular stops on the
- Big Top Chautauqua – Catch live performances at Big Top Chautauqua, a blue canvas tent venue at the foot of Mt. Ashwabay Ski Hill. Discover local talent and get the chance to see your favorite touring musicians on stage. Talents like B.B. King, Willie Nelson, and Johnny Cash have played
- Downtown – Here you’ll find an array of art galleries and restaurants. Pass the time looking at exhibits. Book a table at any of the dining hotspots – Bayfield Inn Restaurant serves Upper Midwest cuisine, while Pier Plaza Restaurant serves steak and seafood.
- Legendary Waters Resort & Casino – Rent a plush suite and enjoy spectacular views of Lake Superior during your stay. Try the slot machines and raid the sumptuous buffet.